Possible DVDPedia Date Added Problem

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
RWalker

Possible DVDPedia Date Added Problem

Post by RWalker »

In DVDPedia 6.0.1, when an entry is duplicated, the Date Added field is duplicated. From a literal point of view, I suppose this makes sense. But the most likely reason you're duplicating an entry is because most of the fields have the same entries as a new entry you wish to make. You'll modify the copy to complete your new entry. But since DVDPedia automatically records the date the entry was created in the Date Added field, you don't expect Date Added will need modification. So you'll need to remember to manually edit the field so it doesn't reflect the Date Added of a different entry...the one you duplicated. Maybe this functions as designed. If so, perhaps it should be redesigned? I think the onus of having to manually alter Date Added should be on the user who wants to an entry on one date but have the entry claim it was not made on that date. Just suggesting.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Possible DVDPedia Date Added Problem

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback, I have updated the next version to update the date created field on duplication as it is a new entry, although has all the info from the old entry.
RWalker

Post by RWalker »

Very responsive! Thank you.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

In the beta and will begin 6.0.2