Bookpedia: adding new entry overwrites existing ones

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
pekett
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia: adding new entry overwrites existing ones

Post by pekett »

Hi,

While trying to setup a new AWS affiliate ID to enable Amazon search again (which stopped working quite a while ago, which is slightly annoying, I encounter thus serious bug:

After the entry of my new AWS account failed, I enabled the "Amazon Test" feature via holding the option key and selecting "Amazon Test" in the Help menu. When I now open the search dialog for adding a new entry via the "+" button in the upper left corner, enter text (e.g. author and title" and hit enter, something strange happens: I hear a chime sound, a strange text is displayed across the screen ("Digitale cadeaubon - 5 tot 150 euro") and alle Information of an existing entry in my database - except the picture of the front of the book - is overwritten by the aforementioned text. I have now accidentally destroyed several entries. :-(

What kind of really nasty error is this?!

I am running Bookpedia 6.0.1 under macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (latest).

Please advice how to revert this error. I have an intact database on my iPad running PocketPedia.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Peter
pekett
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bookpedia: adding new entry overwrites existing ones

Post by pekett »

An update: searching for new books returns correct results (again) after deselecting BOL NL in list of the search sites.