Duplicate a book from Smart Collection?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
OogieM
Captain
Captain

Duplicate a book from Smart Collection?

Post by OogieM »

Conor wrote: On the duplicating a book, simply select the book in question and use Copy/Paste from the Edit menu or the keyboard shortcuts "command-c" then "command-v". It will duplicate the book and simply add "(Copy)" to the title to differentiate it from the original.
While this works well if you start in your library it does not work if you start by selecting a book from a smart collection.

Is there any reason for that?
OogieM
Captain
Captain

Re: Duplicate a book from Smart Collection?

Post by OogieM »

Nothing from anyone about this bug or any reason why it's considered a feature and not a bug?
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Duplicate a book from Smart Collection?

Post by sitenoise »

I just tried it in DVDPedia and copy/paste worked. I copied a Title from a Smart Collection and pasted it into both an included and an excluded collection, and a (copy) pasted in both times.

I was going to suggest maybe you just aren't scrolled to the right place to see it, but I double checked and both times my view jumped to the Title pasted in both times.

Maybe it's something about the peculiars of your smart collection? The one I tried was based only on "Tags" "contains".

Or wait ... are you trying to paste the copy into another Smart Collection? That won't work