ISBN numbers missing from Wish List

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
NihilVor

ISBN numbers missing from Wish List

Post by NihilVor »

I'm not certain if this is a bug report or if I did something wrong somehow. I recently changed to an M1 Mac, and I converted my library over from my old computer. I've been using Bookpedia on my new computer for about a month. I recently noticed that the ISBN numbers were ripped out of all of the items in my Wish List; the rest of the information in there seems fine, and none of the books in my library or multiple smart collections have been effected (THANKFULLY!).

What called the missing numbers to my attention is that I stopped getting duplication warnings when scanning books into the library that were on my Wish List.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: ISBN numbers missing from Wish List

Post by FineWine »

Yes this can happen for one big reason. Amazon is prioritising all electronic searches to Kindle books which normally do not have ISBN numbers so scanning will only bring in the Kindle ASIN number.

You have to do a manual search within Amazon and ensure you select the Paperback or Hardback square. Experiment using Title or ISBN or ASIN

I don't know how Bookpedia (Conor) can get around this.

How I get around this when I do Add a Paperback or Hardback is I have both the Pedia and the browser open and drag and drop from browser to Pedia (27" screen helps)
NihilVor

Re: ISBN numbers missing from Wish List

Post by NihilVor »

I'm not sure that we're talking about the same thing.

These aren't Kindle books. These were books that I entered into the Wish List by hand (with ISBN numbers) prior to switching computers. When I converted to Apple Silicon and imported my library, the 1300 or so books that I have in my library were added successfully. It's only the 200 or so in my Wish List where the ISBN#s in the book details disappeared. Other than the missing ISBN numbers, everything else seems to be in place.