Import Amazon wishlist(s)?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
kkblaze
Inductee
Inductee

Import Amazon wishlist(s)?

Post by kkblaze »

Hi,

Is there any way that I could import my wishlist from Amazon.com? I'd love to see this feature (it'd save a lot of typing!).

Cheers,

kkblaze
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If your Amazon wish list is public then you can view it with the Pedias by entering your email address or name into the search field and then choosing ‘Wish List’ from the search type drop down menu. After that, choose the right Amazon site from the search site drop down menu and hit the search button. That’ll bring up your wish list and you can choose to view it with Pedia instead of on Amazon. That way you can add all the entries from it straight into your Library. (If you want them straight inside the Pedia's wish list collection, make sure you select that collection before viewing the wish list, also make sure to uncheck "Return to search window automaticallly after add" in the preference so that you can add all the results with a single search.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Otherwise if viewing your wish list with Safari you can drag each cover over the table or cover view to add it to your collection. (Enabling the preference "Add first search result automatically" saves you from having to press enter.)
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Import Amazon wishlist(s)?

Post by Ricki »

Hi,
I get no results in DVDpedia when I try to import my public wish list from Amazon using my mail address. It worked only after I used my name :D .
However, I could not find out how to import the whole list rather than having to repeat the search every time to add each item on my Amazon wish list to DVDpedia.
cu
Ricki
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. It had to do with the new Amazon signing requirement, we were not encoding the "@" sign properly. It's fixed for the next version. You can't add your entire collection with a single click but by unchecking the "return to search window after add" preference mentioned above you can browse your entire list with a single search and add each item as you browse them.
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ricki »

Thanks Conor. Your hint on adding the titles worked just fine for me and is sufficient.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Great news. This is the reason one click wish list import is not a high priority feature, it's normally a one time deal.
Ricki
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ricki »

It seems there is still another bug in the import interface as I discovered that also deleted Titles show up in the import list. Conor, for you to trace this I will send you some personal details so you can replicate.
Kaiser1401
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Kaiser1401 »

My DVDpedia doesn't find my amazon(.de) whishlist. Neither by name nor by email :-(

It worked once, but i cant say if it was with the current version or before i updated. Disabling firewall didn't help. Are there any other approaches? (btw: safari is not my standard browser. using opera. don't know if that helps maybe)

regards
Kaiser
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Make sure your wish list ist listed as 'public' on Amazon, otherwise DVDpedia will not be able to access it.