CDPedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
James
Inductee
Inductee

CDPedia

Post by James »

Hi Nora & Conor!

Haven't had a chance to use the CDPedia demo much, as I had a few crash problems and haven't downloaded the updates. However, from the list of "New Features" I didn't see my main desire.

"LYRICS!"

Yes, I need a "Comments" section, or a dedicated "Lyrics" section for each track. Of course, you could provide the lyrics through the standard "Advanced" options, but I'm willing to enter them all by myself, if only I had the space.

It would also be nice to display the lyrics in the drawer when a particular track is selected.

All features and options should be available for selection from the drawer, not just the edit window.

I've been very happy with your other products, but iTunes is more than adequate for my music needs, until you, or they, add lyric support.

Thanks again for all your hard work. How's PosterPedia coming along?

James
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for writing in. I thought about lyrics originally but I am still trying to come up with an interface that is suitable. I think I will have to open a separate window with the lyrics and you will be able to open it from the tracks tab and from a menu command, as well as a button in the drawer that will let you access the same menu. Look for updates in the future, and will drop you a note when we add lyrics.

I am working on adding features to the existing pedias, like rendezvous, before making more pedias, so that they will benefit from the enhancements.
BronwynAnne

Lyrics?

Post by BronwynAnne »

It's now over two years later, is this future request still in play?

It's a great idea.

Bronwyn
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

It's still on the list (which is long and growing... :)) But thanks for bringing it up again.

Nora
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can create a text file for the lyrics and link it to the entry. We are planning on making text file creation easier for notes and lyrics and such in the future but at the moment you have to create the file in the finder and then drag it over the links table or the info view to link it. The good news is that then it will display in the info view as lyrics and a click will display them inside the program. You can also use the "move" button in the links tab to move the file inside the CDpedia data folder for easy organization and backup.
mmm
Inductee
Inductee

Re: CDPedia Lyrics

Post by mmm »

Yes... I know... its an old thread.
Is this feature still on the wishlist and will be implemented?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDPedia

Post by Conor »

No lyrics on an individual track level. We tried it out with a separate window that would open, but accessing its was cumbersome and did not fit with CDpedia. As for a dedicated field at the album level, we feel the new custom text fields are just the thing for those that want to include a big listing of all lyrics for the album. I should have updated the post here, with that information after we tried it out.