Gamepedia: Downloadable Games Support

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Anso
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Gamepedia: Downloadable Games Support

Post by Anso »

With the rise of services like Steam, XBLA, PSN and WiiWare, gamers with downloadable games are becoming many.
Is it possible to add a site/library (like what amazon is today) for these games?
I own over 40 Xbox Live Arcade titles and I'd love to be able to sort them and show them off too!

Hope you can work it out somehow!

Kind Regards,
Mattias
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Gamepedia: Downloadable Games Support

Post by Conor »

We are looking at the possibilities. If anybody does know of a good open site with information and an API please let us know.
SaberCats2K
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by SaberCats2K »

I'll second this feature request....

:mrgreen:
TM8O

Post by TM8O »

Sorry if this is too old of a topic, but I am working on getting Gamepedia populated and found myself wishing there was a way to authenticate my Steam account to populate Gamepedia.

There does appear to be API support for signing in with Steam creds.
https://steamcommunity.com/dev

GOG has a similar service although Steam is obviously the biggie.

http://cdn.gog.com/open/galaxy/sdk/1.70 ... __api.html
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. Steam is something I have looked at in the past, but was put off by their lack of proper documentation and data of the API. The give you the most basic of information on a game, just the title and logo at most. It would have been nice if they had open up a bit more to get extra info on the game, so as to properly listed without having to match it to a second database to get all the correct information. But I'll take a look again, it could be that they have improved it, as I looked a few years ago.