Borrow vs. Lend

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
claidheamdanns
Contributor
Contributor

Borrow vs. Lend

Post by claidheamdanns »

It would be nice to have two different categories here (and maybe it is already possible and I am not aware of it). I had been using the borrow section for things people borrowed from me. But the way it is talked about here, it seems as though this were for things which I borrow from others. So, it would be nice to have an added one, whichever would be the counterpart of this.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Borrow vs. Lend

Post by Conor »

It is meant to be for items one borrowed, but it can be used in either situation. Thank you for the feedback about having a second list for the opposite. To start keeping track of the items right away use one of the custom fields for lender. With a smart collection "custom field is not [leave blank]" all the items that someone has lent you will go there.
Eric
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Eric »

Thoroughly enjoying Bookpedia!

I'm just wondering if this topic's idea has been implemented yet (for me what matters is Bookpedia). It seems there really should be two separate collections: Loaned to others and Borrowed from others.

Also, I have used up the 10 custom fields (long ago) and am really struggling to get by with just 10 of them. Any chance their number might be increased to about 30 :roll: sometime soon?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the suggestion about a separate special collection for lend versus borrowed. We generally don't discuss future enhancements and features but for this one I can tell you we will be increasing the number of custom fields in the next major release (5.0). We will also include custom fields that are not free form: dates and check boxes. We don't have a release date for version 5 but it is still some way off.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:We will also include custom fields that are not free form: dates and check boxes.
Excellent!
We don't have a release date for version 5 but it is still some way off.
And hopefully no one pesters for status reports, especially after you were kind enough to share this much info. :)
CraginS

Post by CraginS »

I'd like to add a vote for this new alternate field. We just recently discovered Bruji and began using BookPedia. One of our uses is to record books read, not just owned. AS very heavy users of the public library, that means we want to record books borrowed from the library, along with notes or mini reviews. Since we borrow a lot of books, but lend out very few, we are using the "Borrowed" field to indicate library books we borrowed, rather than books we lent out.