Add blu-ray.com as search site

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Guizmo

Add blu-ray.com as search site

Post by Guizmo »

Hi there,

I've been buying Blu-Ray movies since two months now, and I though it would be a good idea to have blu-ray.com as a source search site in DVDpedia. This website as every information about every single blu-ray that exist. They have all the information concerning audio track, subtitles, cover image, etc..

Presently I'm searching my blu-ray movies on Amazon, but most of the time the informations concerning the audio track and the subtitles track are wrong, so I though it would be a great idea to request this feature for the software.

Now I just hope this request will make his way to the dev team. :)

Thanks in advance,
Phil
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Add blu-ray.com as search site

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the tip on that new site containing good information on Blu-ray movies. Luckily the support and dev teams are the same, so I will look into it and see if it's possible to include blu-ray.com, if they have an API for accessing this information.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the tip on that new site containing good information on Blu-ray movies. Luckily the support and dev teams are the same, so I will look into it and see if it's possible to include blu-ray.com, if they have an API for accessing this information.
I'd second the inclusion of Blu-ray.com as a source, Conor. It's an excellent resource for BD discs as your OP said.

Regards,

Keith
Guizmo

Post by Guizmo »

Well I guess blu-ray.com doesn't have an API since 6 months later it still isn't in DVDpedia.

I'm sad! :( snif snif :cry: :cry:

It would have been such a wonderful addition.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Unfortunately not, but there is always hope they might add one. All the new sites tend to have APIs and this gives them an advantage and hopefully older sites will take the time to integrate these services as well.