DVDpedia Email Functionality

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
td3k

DVDpedia Email Functionality

Post by td3k »

I sent an email to Bruji about this subject a few days ago and have not received any response so I will try here.

In DVDpedia if you set the preferences to automatically send emails to borrowers when the due date is up, why can't there be a log of emails sent? I see that there is an "upcoming email" log of messages to be sent, but there is no record that I can find of emails already sent. Neither does DVDpedia keep a record of sent email messages in OS X Mail. To have the ability to track past email messages sent for overdue items is very important in my estimation and I for one would like to see this implemented in an upcoming version. If this feature is already in the current version, please tell me to how activate it. Thanks a bunch and love the software - it is awesome.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia Email Functionality

Post by Nora »

We've replied to your email (sorry for the slight delay) but just in case other users are wondering about this too, here is the reply:

Because we wanted to keep the email feature in the program simple, the automatic reminders do use Mail.app for the SMTP but the actual messages are sent directly and Mail does not list them. But we're hoping to add more integration in the future, maybe even to keep track of messages that have been sent to avoid confusion. That certainly sounds like a useful addition. Maybe this will be a possibility with the upcoming Snow Leopard OS X.