DVDPedia: Tag Chimp and token Media field

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
tmw
Inductee
Inductee

DVDPedia: Tag Chimp and token Media field

Post by tmw »

I had a few feature requests/ideas that would help me out, and maybe others would enjoy them as well.

First, is it possible to add tagchimp.com to the list of sites to check for movie data? Another program I use called MetaX uses it, and the results are great.

My second request is to have the Media field be a token field (I believe that is the term used for fields allowing multiple entries). The reason I'm requesting this is because for some movies, I own both the DVD and a digital copy. I'm assuming that I'm not able to do this from within the program, is that correct?

I've really enjoyed the program, keep up the good work!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia: Tag Chimp and token Media field

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information, we hadn't heard about Tag Chimp and it looks exciting and they have an API so we will look at adding them as a search site.

Having multiple values in the media field is very specialized but you can add the values with a comma. "DVD, Digital". You won't get all the cool features of multiple value fields, such as using the edit multiple to see what tags selected movies have in common, but since there won't be many options this won't be a big deal. You could always use a smart collection for that kind of information as well if important.