"Rebuild All" for autofill

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

"Rebuild All" for autofill

Post by jenv »

Currently, one must select each different autofill item (Director, Studio, etc) in order to rebuild them. That is time consuming and wasteful. A "Rebuild All" option should be offered, which will batch rebuild every autofill item.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: "Rebuild All" for autofill

Post by sjk »

What's an example of when you'd want or need to use Rebuild? Some of Auto Fill values (e.g. for Tags) seem like they're automatically rebuilt when db fields are modified. I'm wondering if an overzealous Rebuild All might cause conflicts with at least those.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

As sjk mentioned the autofill values should stay in somewhat close sync as these values are entered and added to the possible values. Of course a movie then deleted would still contain the value in the autofill. Thank you for the feedback on a one button rebuild all option. I am considering the option key as a modifier for that, but would require some work as I would want the "Rebuild" button to change title in order to make it clear to the user what the option key does.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:Of course a movie then deleted would still contain the value in the autofill.
I wasn't aware of that. It could have been possible for non-default Auto Fill values to be automatically removed when all db references to them were gone. So, it seems Rebuild does that job manually. But will it remove values from Aspect Ration, Rated, Region, etc. that were in the default (empty) database if no entries in the current database contain them?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Will it remove values from Aspect Ration, Rated, Region, etc. that were in the default (empty) database if no entries in the current database contain them?
It will, the rebuild only keeps values in the database as presumably these are the ones you are using after all, and you never had a need for the default values shipped with the application.