DVDPedia: current Amazon price in wishlist

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Ary
Inductee
Inductee

DVDPedia: current Amazon price in wishlist

Post by Ary »

First of all I have to thank you for this great piece of software. I switched from DVDProfiler to DVDPedia today in just a few minutes without problems. :D

Now let us talk about my wish...
Would it be possible to include the current Amazon price when downloading information and not only the list price?
Since I use the german Amazon website many items don't seem to have a list price and even if they have it is pretty useless for the normal usage of a wishlist.
For me the wishlist in DVDPedia acts like a shopping guide and therefore I need the current prices to plan my next big purchase ;-)
In the normal library on the other hand list prices are of course welcome.

Overall it would be wonderful in my opinion to have the option to download the current price and to update all these prices if I use the download function a second time on the same items.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia: current Amazon price in wishlist

Post by Conor »

The reason we don't include the Amazon price is that Amazon has a 24 hour time requirement on those as well as the availability for a DVD. They want to make sure that any price a user sees as the Amazon price is current and valid. We would need to be refreshing the price of all items in the database on a regular basis. Thank you for the feedback, Amazon has expanded their API to include the ability to have a shopping basket and it's good to know a feature like that in DVDpedia would be useful to you.