Yet Another Wishlist Feature (BIG FEATURE REQUEST)

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Yet Another Wishlist Feature (BIG FEATURE REQUEST)

Post by gottadoit »

HI,

I have an extra field in my wish list called "availability". That has the values of "Available, Bought, Coming Soon, On Order, Out Of Print, and Unavailable. This tells me what I can buy now, will be able to buy soon, is available but I haven't bought, Not Available, etc.

I realize that DVDpedia does not recognize what these user defined fields "mean", but I would love a feature that scanned at least Amazon.com to see if a title previously unavailable has become available in new or used condition and somehow display a visible clue that it is now available. I'd suggest that it would have to be done pro-actively by the user. I have a huge Wish List. :lol:

I know it would probably require a fair amount of work (okay, a lot!) but I think it would enhance the product in a good way. Please consider it as a possible future feature at sometime when you are not too busy. ;) As if that ever happens!

The Internet Movie DataBase (imdb.com) does this for "My Movies" but they probably bulk update the site since they are affiliated with Amazon.

Gotta
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Yet Another Wishlist Feature (BIG FEATURE REQUEST)

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. Sounds like a very neat idea. In the meantime do remember that for close releases the release date is accurate to the day and is part of the information, even if not displayed (you can display the day by changing the release date format in the preferences to "%d %b %Y"). So by creating smart collections on the release date you can keep track of upcoming books and those recently released. Also if you have the status banners over the cover images in the preferences the number of days until release should appear over the main cover. I still understand your suggestion would make it even better, as it would be helpful in books that get updated or where the status was not known when it was added to the wish list.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Yet Another Wishlist Feature (BIG FEATURE REQUEST)

Post by gottadoit »

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the suggestions. They are very helpful and thanks for consideration of my suggestion.

I say this a lot but the *pedia's are a great piece of work and DVDpedia is my favorite Mac App next to Photoshop. It is extremely well conceived and implemented and is an extreme bargain at it's price.

I have 267 movies in my Wish List and 1,983 in the Library. I could not live without your outstanding products.

Thanks again,

Gotta