[Bookpedia] Include search or button to The Book Depository

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
mjvalente
Inductee
Inductee

[Bookpedia] Include search or button to The Book Depository

Post by mjvalente »

Hi there —

Over the last few years I've been happily using Bookpedia as my main repository of book data and I'm *almost* totally happy with it.

Why almost? Well, because I live in Portugal and I rarely buy books from Amazon. In fact I don't use Amazon US at all: customs and general delivery rates are too high. Therefore, although the Amazon US data search in Bookpedia is great, the link to buy is useless to me. The UK one is not a much better option either. Nowadays, many of the Europeans (and some Americans) I know are using The Book Depository instead. It's secure (won several prizes), offers great prices (even for US standards), and — better still — it offers free delivery to many countries.

That said, my request is for Bookpedia to include a button (similar to B & N) that can immediately connect to The Book Depository. (Or a more feature-rich search.) And, as for Bruji... the company can join The Book Depository affiliate programme (similar to Amazon, I suppose), therefore having something to gain too.

Disclosure: I have no connection to The Book Depository... I'm just a happy user of its and Bookpedia's services, hoping for a better workflow in between them. :)