Manual play count entry?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Thinctanc

Manual play count entry?

Post by Thinctanc »

You used to be able to enter a play count manually.

The problem was that it didn't save the values and so I guess this is why the latest update has removed that feature.

There are lots of old films I have seen numerous times but don't know the year I saw them, let alone the date. But I would like to record how many times I have seen them.

Right now I would have to right-click each entry and select view history and then click 'add' for each viewing and then go back through that lists and delete all the today's dates it has thrown in. Doing that for the whole library is just too arduous. having a column I can highlight on the front UI grid and type a number would be a lot simpler.

Any ideas if the manual play count entry will ever return?
Thinctanc

Re: Manual play count entry?

Post by Thinctanc »

Doh!

I could, of course, just hide the proper play count and set my own up as a custom field, which I am doing now.

That works for me.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We took out the manual editing as that was an oversight, since as you mentioned the number is actually linked to the play history and should be editable in the table. I was going to mention you can use the shortcut for seen today (command-shift-T) to increment the count quickly; however, if the wrong date bothers you then this would not be a solution. A custom field does work perfectly for your own count, disable the built in one under the preferences-->fields and you can avoid confusion.
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

I just noticed a bug in the 'Last read/viewed' history; When removing the top item from the list, the 'last read' date of the book will be empty.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That was a small change in the last version, that was brought up by a user. It should only remove the 'Last read' date if the date of the 'Last read/viewed' history entry being deleted matches that in 'last read'. If the top entry had a different date and this still happen do let me know so I can being looking for the bug.