Automatically link DVDpedia movie info to movie file

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
tigervette
Inductee
Inductee

Automatically link DVDpedia movie info to movie file

Post by tigervette »

Is it possible to automatically link DVDpedia movie info to the actual movie files? I have a collection of several hundred dvd movies that I've converted to movie files (avi, m4v) to improve on my movie experience as compared to stocking my movie dvds near the tv. Currently I use Plex because I favor the GUI to access the movie files and its ability to scan the folders/drives for the movies. But oftentimes Plex lacks the ability to playback certain movies since some need to be played back on VLC, Apple's DVD player, Quicktime, etc. DVDpedia with its ability to edit genres, movie description, frontrow integration, and video source playback makes it an ideal program for me to use. I've already gone through and manually linked about 30 movies to the appropriate link in dvdpedia but this takes a significant amount of time. Is there any way to automatically search for the movie and link it to the correct info within DVDpedia. Just scan the specified folder or hard drive for the movies and link all of them up.
freesmith
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Automatically link DVDpedia movie info to movie file

Post by freesmith »

wow indeed it would be great if someone could do something to easily link plex and dvdpedia.their functions intersect in some issues but mainly are compatible with each other.how do you do this manually???
Hartmeister

Re: Automatically link DVDpedia movie info to movie file

Post by Hartmeister »