Alerts

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Bruce
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Alerts

Post by Bruce »

Howdy. Background for request: Often times 12 months after the release of a new hardback book, when the first paperback edition is released you can buy a first edition hardback for less than the paperback as stores clear inventory. I often add a new book to my collection in my wish list intending to check on it in 12 months +/-. Now then, my request/suggestion; ability to set an alert, have Bookpedia email me, sound an alarm, something to remind me that it is time to check on the reduced price availability. Probably not a priority for many folks, but thought I'd throw it out. Thanks for listening.
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Alerts

Post by thajeztah »

I tried to drag an item from BookPedia to the 'url' field in a todo item in iCal. It 'looks' like a clickable link, but only contains the title of the book. So that doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to create a hyperlink to an item in my collection? (Maybe it's possible to register (Book)Pedia as a 'protocol' (something like pedia://collectionname/collectionid); it would be possible to generate a hyperlink to items in iCal and create a todo item in iCal that links to that item in your collection.

[update] I noticed that BookPedia does use pedia://..... as internal links (for example to link from the statistics page to an item in the collection. However, when entering that url in Safari, it doesn't work; 'pedia://' probably isn't known in Safari (don't know if it's possible to do that? Open 'pedia://' links in BookPedia?