Show URL in browser

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Show URL in browser

Post by jenv »

It would be nice if there was an option to show a (selectable/copyable/pastable) URL in the embedded browser. You have a blue bar across the top that could be used to display this.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Show URL in browser

Post by Conor »

For a URL that takes you to the selected entry drag an entry from the table view to a place that takes URLs, like a rich text document. For the URL from the URL field you need to turn on the URL field in the preferences under the fields tab, then it will be available in the edit window under the extras tab.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jenv »

Conor wrote:For a URL that takes you to the selected entry drag an entry from the table view to a place that takes URLs, like a rich text document. For the URL from the URL field you need to turn on the URL field in the preferences under the fields tab, then it will be available in the edit window under the extras tab.
I'm not talking about going to the URL of an item, I'm talking about showing the URL of the page the browser is currently displaying. If you click the title of an item, the Pedias take you to the associated URL and displays the page in the embedded browser. The embedded browser doesn't display that URL or any other.
Last edited by jenv on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback, I understand now the URL you are referring too.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:For the URL from the URL field you need to turn on the URL field in the preferences under the fields tab, then it will be available in the edit window under the extras tab.
Ahh! Now I understand that when an entry is added the normally hidden URL field is populated with a link from the first site matched, which is usually Amazon here. But I'd prefer IMDb pages be opened in DVDpedia's internal browser. Occasionally clearing the URL fields and running Get Advanced Info for Selection > IMDb is the workaround (like with other fields, e.g. Ratings) since there's currently no way to force IMDb links to be the default URL.

Most entries in my database have a schizophrenic personality of Amazon and IMDb info. I'm still hoping it'll eventually be possible to associate different fields with specific data sources and/or other methods of making multi-source info more easily recognizable and manageable. Or, I could boycott Amazon for killing Pocketpedia and switch to only using IMDb. ;)