Pocketpedia without Amazon

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Pocketpedia without Amazon

Post by iBoy »

I am very sad because of the removing of Pocketpedia. It was one of my favorite applications on iPhone. But Amazon isn't everything. Can't you please make a new Pocketpedia without the Amazon search? From my point of view Pocketpedia's most important purpose is to reflect my DVDpedia collection on my iPhone; it is way better than a web export. I don't need the Amazon search there. Maybe you feel this is to amputate your application, but to me, and probably many others, the Amazon search isn't necessary at all.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia without Amazon

Post by Conor »

We would love to at least be able to make a version without the search. But Amazon also prohibits its data from being synced over to a mobile device. Amazon is one of our main data sources and this would mean we would need to replace it with something as reliable on the Pedias before we could put Pocketpedia back up, even as a sync only version. We agree that Pocketpedia was a great iPhone application and we already have an even better updated version waiting for a solution to this whole affair so that we can get it back on the App Store. If we can work with Amazon it might take just a few weeks, otherwise it might take months while we find something to replace Amazon with.