Bookpedia - iPhoto-like keywords

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Bookpedia - iPhoto-like keywords

Post by d9pouces »

I've just bought bookpedia, and I wish to add my collection of books...

However, I think that the use of keywords could be easily improved. Currently, I don't know how to add a given keyword to a selection of books.

I think that the solution of iPhoto should be great: a floating window, with the list of the available keywords and a customizable shortcut to the favorite keywords.
Hence, I could select all the recently added books, and just typing "a" to add the "aviation" keywords. If all the books already have this keyword, then it is removed.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia - iPhoto-like keywords

Post by Nora »

The 'Tags' field which is for keywords in Bookpedia does have autofill enabled so when you start typing 'a', then it'll automatically suggest 'aviation' if that is part of your tags list already. You can edit that list in the Preferences/Autofill.

You can also edit the tags for more than one entry at a time, just select all the entries and press Command-E to bring up a multiple edit window. Any tags that the selected entries already have in common, will appear in the 'Tags' field of the multiple edit window.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the suggestion about a floating keyword window. In the meantime do remember that you can select multiple books and click the edit button to add tags, remove tags and find out what tags the books have in common.
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Post by d9pouces »

Nora wrote:The 'Tags' field which is for keywords in Bookpedia does have autofill enabled so when you start typing 'a', then it'll automatically suggest 'aviation' if that is part of your tags list already. You can edit that list in the Preferences/Autofill.

You can also edit the tags for more than one entry at a time, just select all the entries and press Command-E to bring up a multiple edit window. Any tags that the selected entries already have in common, will appear in the 'Tags' field of the multiple edit window.
Of course, this is the way I currently use. But I think that the implementation of iPhoto is by far easier to use (you don't have to press command-E and to go to the right field), and probably not so hard to implement (I hope !)

Thank you for considering my proposal.