iTunes like interface

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
jicho
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

iTunes like interface

Post by jicho »

Hi There,

I'm exploring Bookpedia and thinking about buying it. I've got a interface question. BookPedia looks in a way like iTunes and other Mac programs, but the interface (left column) is a little bit different. It would be great when the left column would is more like iTunes / Finders / etc. In other words "Collections" would look nice when it is shown like "Library" in iTunes. It's the same with sub entries, etc.

Why does the cowerflow has no vertical scrollbar? The mouse and arrow interface work, but I'm missing the scrollbar.

Is this going to change?

Besides that everything looks great!

Greetings,

Eric
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iTunes like interface

Post by Conor »

Hi Eric,

We want to do the changes you mention. For the collection list we need to wait until the version when we drop Tiger 10.4 support, as Apple provides ways to achieve this look but only in Leopard 10.5. For the cover flow we built our own version from scratch and are hoping that Apple will make theirs available in Snow Leopard (some programs use it although it's marked as private) so that we can get the scroll bar for free without having to spend a lot of time implementing it. We also want to achieve the slow down at the end of a scroll animation, that for inexplicable reasons we can't get Core Animation to accept our own timing functions. I think we will see also a few interface updates with Snow Leopard (dark scroll bar options) and it's always a great opportunity for us to tweak and improve our interface to match.

P.S. Thank you for sharing your code for working with our SQLite database online.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:it's always a great opportunity for us to tweak and improve our interface to match
Always hoping that might include the Edit window. :)
jicho
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jicho »

Ah okay, didn't knew that the look and feel had something to do with the Tiger compatibility :)

No complains any more about the cover flow from this side. You did a nice job builind it yourself!