Check my Inventory

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
steve2065
Contributor
Contributor

Check my Inventory

Post by steve2065 »

From time to time I would like to check my inventory to see if any movie made it on the shelf with out being added to DVDpedia or a movie being borrowed with out me knowing. I would like to just go down the line and scan in each move and have DVDpedia compare that list with the list in DVDpedia and ether add the movie if not in the DB and give me list of movies in the DB and not on the shelf. I can't be the only one who would like that.

thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Check my Inventory

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We are considering a library type scan that would allow to do look up of movies already in the database and then work with them. At the moment we are still trying to design something that would be flexible enough to accommodate the large numbers of distinct usages. In the meantime set the focus in the search filter on the top right of the toolbar and scan. You would need to glance at the screen after each scan to make sure only a single result is displayed (obviously this is only one part of the solution as it does movies on the shelf and not in DVDpedia but not vice versa).
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Check my Inventory

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:In the meantime set the focus in the search filter on the top right of the toolbar and scan.
That's a clever suggestion.