Drop Down Auto Fill Menu's

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FineWine
Site Admin

Drop Down Auto Fill Menu's

Post by FineWine »

Where any field has a choice of entries from the Auto Fill Preference's then make it a Drop Down Menu selection. At present fields like Genre, Languages etc do not. Whilst there is a drop down menu selection for Director there is not for Producer. The reason for this suggestion is I was entering a DVD and could not remember what choice of Genre I had to choose from. In this case "The Blues Brothers" which in my opinion, is Drama, Music & Comedy. Not Music Video & Concerts which was the original selection.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Drop Down Auto Fill Menu's

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. The new multiple value fields don't come with drop easy to implement downs from Apple, so we have to build that solution ourselves and that makes it a bit more complicated.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

FineWine wrote:… I was entering a DVD and could not remember what choice of Genre I had to choose from.
I wish it was more convenient even just to view available choices for Genre, Tags, and other fields than having to open the Auto Fill tab of Preferences and select the corresponding "Auto fill values for:" menu item. Or, as is often the case, have I missed an easier way?

Movie Collector combines viewing/selection/modification of certain fields/values using scrolling lists of checkbox items with "Manage list" buttons. I like that integrated functionality but it makes the UI seem too busy.

Something similar with a superior design in the 'pedia apps would work well for me.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is the ability to browse the choices by letter in those fields. Since it autofills, when you type the first letter it would give you all the options that start with that letter in a drop down list. You can then use the arrow keys to browse the options or narrow them down by continuing to type. It's not a full list as the regular drop down but quite useful if you somewhat know what you are looking for.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Yup, I already make regular use of Auto Fill matching in a few cases, e.g. for commonly used tags.