Gamepedia: Multiple platforms

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Vulpine
Contributor
Contributor

Gamepedia: Multiple platforms

Post by Vulpine »

I have a number of games which support multiple platforms - at the moment, exclusively Mac and Windows hybrid games (thank you, Blizzard). At present I put "Macintosh / Windows" as the platform, which effectively treats them as a separate platform altogether. Is there a way to add them so that they are listed as both the Mac and Windows (for example) platforms, in a similar way to how multiple genres are handled? It's only a small and very petty thing, but it looks rather odd in my statistics view to see them like that.

Many thanks from a very satisfied Gamepedia user!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Gamepedia: Multiple platforms

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the clear description. We will consider changing the platform style to a multi-value field. I have added it to the beta version for testing. I can't see why that would be a problem.

Also a very little know fact is the statistics are based off an XML configuration file inside the program resources called statistics.xml and you could there tell it you want the platform field counted by separating the words at the comma. I have already done this in the beta but in case you are wondering for other fields you would change the type "1" to a "2" in the following code:

Code: Select all

<dict>
		<key>identifier</key>
		<string>platform</string>
		<key>title</key>
		<string>Platforms</string>
		<key>type</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
	</dict>
Vulpine
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Gamepedia: Multiple platforms

Post by Vulpine »

Thank you for the equally clear response! I'm downloading the beta now and will give it a whirl. :)