Android Version

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
tranquiliste

Android Version

Post by tranquiliste »

Hello,

I wanted to know if there is an Android version (with bookpediad sync) which is planned?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Android Version

Post by Conor »

There is no Android version planned.
tranquiliste

Post by tranquiliste »

Too bad, I don't like iPhone :wink:

Thanks for your answer.
tensider
Inductee
Inductee

Post by tensider »

I agree with the OP -- I've gone from using a non-iphone and an ipod touch to having a Droid phone, and I'd love to take my Pedia info with me. I'd even pay a little extra for the phone app, since you're moving it to a new platform.
DaveL

Post by DaveL »

Please allow me to add my voice to that of the OP. An Android version of Pocketpedia would be most excellent.
Nanook
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Nanook »

Adding my vote. But box set handling comes first! ;)
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Just my 2 cents as I have a Samsung Galaxy S.
I know that an "auto-magically" application that sync with the main app would be great but, as Android people can browse through the filesystem, do you think that exporting HTML data with a well-done template (we could think to make templates "resolution-aware" for every phone) and putting on the phone (so, no connection would be required) would be so difficult and bad?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The nice thing of the new generation of mobile devices is that you can always support them via their web interface instead of natively. My expertise is not Android web design, but I'll add a note to myself to have someone with Android design knowledge to look at building a template for the Android.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by gottadoit »

Well Apple has been pissing me off since Lion with this "iOS X" crap, the Mac interface is far superior to the iPhone's. From now on each version of iOS and OS X will become more and more alike.

It is so disgusting to me that I am actually moving to Windows 7 (oh God, no!) and the Samsung Nexus 10. Apple is definitely going down the tubes.

As soon as Bruji does not support Lion or my Mac fails, I will unfortunately be forced to move to an inferior product on a different platform, the Apple Tax for hardware is simply not worth it to me anymore, nor is it's operating systems.

I am sure that the iPad/iPhone market will continue to flourish without me and the fanboys which is why they don't care what we think. :cry:

So another vote for an Android version which I know is not going to happen. Java? Oh Please! :?
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

This topic was recently discussed here: Ports to non-Apple platforms? so I wont repeat myself.