Highlight collections with a given book

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Highlight collections with a given book

Post by d9pouces »

In Address Book, you have a very interesting feature, which can be seen by selecting any contact and then press the ALT key: all groups to which this contact belongs are highlighted.

I think that it could be great if this small feature was implemented in *pedias.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Highlight collections with a given book

Post by Conor »

That is a feature of Address Book I did not know about. Thank you for the suggestion. We use option (alt) for enhancing a lot of the regular actions, so it might not be ideal for Bookpedia. In the meantime don't forget that you can ctrl-click on an item and "Show in Collection" menu will list all the collections that contain that item.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Highlight collections with a given book

Post by sjk »

That is a feature of Address Book I did not know about.
Yup, yet another "hidden" Option key gem. :)

Anyone know of a one-stop resource describing these not-necessarily-obvious-or-documented modifier key enhanced shortcuts for various apps? Something like the Secrets database for hidden OS X settings.
In the meantime don't forget that you can ctrl-click on an item and "Show in Collection" menu will list all the collections that contain that item.
I won't mind if that command was at least also available under the Advanced menu. Maybe add a toolbar Action (Gear) menu an alternative to using the main or context menus for certain commands?