Import Collection...

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Import Collection...

Post by marumari »

It would be nice if it could Import Collection from the same zip file that it Export Collection (backup) creates.

Right now, if you Import the folder (after unzipping) - at least in DVDPedia - it'll say that it's importing the covers and templates, but nothing else. The only way I can get it to truly restore it is if I overwrite the current contents of my ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia folder with what you get from unzipping the file. Not sure if this should be filed under Bug Reports or Feature Requests.

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Import Collection...

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the suggestion. We mean't the backup as a full restore and not as an import. We also force users to manually replace their data folder when restoring so that they are aware that they are in essence restoring to a previous time point. Although, now with TimeMachine more users are doing this directly from the TimeMachine interface on the actual data folder. For exporting and importing collection we have the ".dvdpedia" format that will export and import a collection as excluded and the user can decide to integrate it into their existing library.