Box Sets in DVDpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
TylerInHiFi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Box Sets in DVDpedia

Post by TylerInHiFi »

First off, I've searched. I've read all of the other topics dealing with requests for box set integration into DVDpedia. I just want to bring it back to the forefront of the request list and put my vote in for the expandable listing for box sets.

ie:

Code: Select all

An American Werewolf In London
+The Amityville Horror Collection
Back To The Future
Clicking on the plus sign and getting:

Code: Select all

An American Werewolf In London
-The Amityville Horror Collection
  The Amityville Horror
  Amityville II: The Possession
  Amityville 3-D
  Bonus Disc - "Amityville Confidential"
Back To The Future
I think it's been six months or so since the last box set thread, so I figured it was time to bring it up again. I'm creating a barebones listing for each box set with the individual DVD's listed next, but there are some that this just doesn't work for (ie: director or actor centric box sets).
Zerker

Re: Box Sets in DVDpedia

Post by Zerker »

I would find this useful for game compilations in Gamepedia as well. For now, my work-around is to create an excluded collection with the list of games inside all of my various compilations. I then use a custom field called "Parent compilation" to organise them.
TylerInHiFi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by TylerInHiFi »

Any info on this? Are box sets still something being considered?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

They are still on our list, yes. We will try and implement them in the future but it probably won't happen before a major update such as version 5 since there will have to be much re-coding in the way the table view works at the moment.