Replace Amazon.com sourced information

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Jamie
Inductee
Inductee

Replace Amazon.com sourced information

Post by Jamie »

With the 'pedia programs is there any way that I can select all of the items in the database and choose to replace the information with data from a source other than Amazon.com for use in PocketPedia2? I have tried this but annot even get it to work for a single item, it almost seems as though once and item has had any information added to it from Amazon it has a flag set that is never cleared even if the information is updated from another source (I hope that makes sense!).

I have a databases of books, CDs and DVDs that I always carry with me on my iPhone but find the lack of information on a vast number of entries to be a major problem as I am often talking to people and discussing a film which we want to find more details for only to find that I can't see them on the iPhone as the data was sourced from Amazon.

If there is any way to get around this it would be wonderful!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Replace Amazon.com sourced information

Post by Nora »

The Pedias are set to never overwrite information already present so if you want to overwrite data you have to first delete it and then do an advanced search either via the little gear button in the edit window or the 'Get Advanced Info' menu command.