Request regarding "Last Seen"/"Last Read"/Extra Images

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
mgayler

Request regarding "Last Seen"/"Last Read"/Extra Images

Post by mgayler »

Hi Bruji,

A couple of thoughts that I've had during my use of your great programs:

1) Is is possible to have the option of just entering a month or year for Last Seen & Last Read? I don't always remember when I last saw/read something and it's a bit frustrating when all the dates I enter jump straight to today's date, if I try to just type in the month and year. This would be a really useful feature to have.

2) Is it possible to attach more than one image to a title? For example, I have a novel that was signed by the author, and it'd be great to be able to add a scan of the signed page, to the book file.

Thanks so much for all your continuing help for us users!

Cheers,
Madeleine
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Request regarding "Last Seen"/"Last Read"/Extra Images

Post by Nora »

Hi Madeleine,

The date format depends on your Preferences/General settings for 'Other Dates'. You could set this to show only the month and year however then that'll mean that all your other date fields (minus 'Release') will also show only the month and year. (We'd like to improve this in the future so that users have more power over the date display.)

There is only one dedicated cover image spot for each entry but you can link as many images as you like to an entry. These would then appear when you press the 'Link' button in the toolbar or the links in the info view. To link an image (or any other type of file or a URL), just drag it over the info view of the entry. (The info view is the one below the table view.) If you'd like to organize things further and keep these images inside the Bookpedia data folder, go into the Edit window > Links tab, select all the linked files in the window and press the 'Move' button. That'll automatically move the files from their current location to the Bookpedia data folder.
mgayler

Re: Request regarding "Last Seen"/"Last Read"/Extra Images

Post by mgayler »

Hi Nora,

Thanks for getting back to me about this. I might just leave my date settings as they are for the moment, but I'll keep an eye out for any developments made in this area in the future :)

Also - thanks for the eye-opener regarding linking the photo file - that's a great idea and will suit my purposes just fine.

Cheers,
Madeleine