manual Entry Pocketpedia2?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
markhunte
Contributor
Contributor

manual Entry Pocketpedia2?

Post by markhunte »

Hi Guys,
Sorry to hear the bad news from amazon. I really do not understand the problem with them.
Re: Pocketpedia requests
by Conor » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:54 pm
Thank you for the feedback. We plan to add manual entry of items in a future version so that you can add items that are not on Amazon as well as adding items when not connected to the internet for the iPod Touch.
Are you still planning the above..?
Some times when I am out and about and see a book or some one tells me about a book that I may want to get at some point ( I would normally order from Amazon, but I am now going to just use my local bookstore to do it, As I see no real reason to support Amazon), I would really like to be able to enter some details into the pocketpedia 2
wish list.

Thanks
MH
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: manual Entry Pocketpedia2?

Post by Alex »

This is a feature we want to have, but at the moment we are not sure what the future of Pocketpedia is (http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 653#p14653).
SmockLady

Re: manual Entry Pocketpedia2?

Post by SmockLady »

Well, today is Feb 1, but it seems to be my Groundhog Day. UGH, let's hope my service provider can keep me online long enough to actually post this. :D

I would love to be able to do two, OK three, things with the Pocketpedia2 (or 3? :wink: ) version. One, I'd love to be able to actually edit what is in there. Two, I'd love to be able to use the built in cam on my iPhone to take and save a pic of a book (or movie, cd, etc). Three, I would really love to be able to use the built in cam to scan those lovely ISBNs right into my iPhone.

I realize I can't transfer Amazon info to my iPhone. So I don't use Amazon for my database searches. The only thing this really gives me trouble with is the book cover. I can get all the other data I need (for portability) via the other import options. About 1 in 20 book covers seem to be missing, but I find that even with those books, often those covers are missing from the Amazon database as well. This is where is would be really great to be able to walk over to my shelf, open the app and take a snapshot of the book cover with my iPhone. Then next sync Wallah! there they are (of course this would require two-way communication). :D