iPad DVDpedia Remote

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
walakazoo
Contributor
Contributor

iPad DVDpedia Remote

Post by walakazoo »

I currently use DVDpedia on my mac mini hooked up to my TV. I have the para9 frontrow plugin which I use to play my media located on the mini. I know alot of people want to see a version of the pedias on the iPad for managing their collections (which would be cool) but what I think would be great would be a DVDpedia remote like Apple's iPhone iTunes remote that could see my mini's collection and allowing my to browse and start playing one from the iPad. This would be sweet. A mini + iPad + DVDpedia would blow the way overpriced DVD jukebox systems like Kaleidescape out of the water!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iPad DVDpedia Remote

Post by Conor »

iPad is going to bring a lot of cool interaction to our homes that we never thought possible. We are looking forward to becoming iPad users as soon as they become available. However, we haven't started development for the iPad just yet, we are laying the groundwork we are going to need in place before we can take advantage of this whole new class of device. With the iPhone we were lucky enough to be among the first developers accepted into the program and to have an app on App Store launch day. With the iPad it's been a bit different as we don't even know what it's like to use an iPad and can't even begin to truly grasp what the possibilities are. Thank you for the suggestion as we been thinking more along the lines of Pocketpedia than a streamed info/remote control to the desktop version. You should also mention your request to para9 as you would really like to control their Front Row plug-in and not just DVDpedia full screen mode.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the link, it's good advice. Although I believe a bit safe on what is really possible with the iPad. For example it's comfortable to think of digital books with page that flip just like the real versions as Matt Gemmell suggest. But there are also possibilities for a whole new style (figure 8 is really interesting to me).
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:(figure 8 is really interesting to me).
Me, too. That's similar to how I perceive a "virtual desktop" environment, i.e. as a single content plane with the current "view" displaying a cross section of it (even if objects don't cross grid matrix boundaries and there's no arbitrary panning).