Administrator Lock

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Karlos
Inductee
Inductee

Administrator Lock

Post by Karlos »

First of all, I love Bookpedia. I am currently using version 3.1.2 on a Power PC iMac with 10.3.9. I own and manage an English language school in Japan and have been using Bookpedia to manage a 1,500 book library for my students. We encourage all of our students (including children) to check out and return books on their own. This serves two purpose. First, it frees the teacher from doing so and more importantly, it empowers young learners to check out the books themselves. Unfortunately, do to the large number of users, some of the files get messed up and students often inadvertently change the settings or display. I will be replacing my Mac with an Intel Mac in a few weeks and of course will be buying the newest version of Bookpedia.
So my request (if it does not exist already) is to have a way for an administrator (me) lock certain features and just allow the students to simply borrow and return books without the risk of anything else happening. This would be a great help.

Thanks in advance. Karlos
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Administrator Lock

Post by Conor »

Hi Karlos,

it's very exciting to hear about Bookpedia being useful and integral in a number of situations. Thank you for sharing both your setup as well as the feedback on a admin/user mode duality that would make the program even better in this usage.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Administrator Lock

Post by teacher24_70 »

I like this idea as well. Could be very useful.