Unified Templates

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.

Unified Templates

Postby marumari » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26 am

One of the biggest issues I run into when working on FancyIndex is, whenever I make a change to one template, I have to replicate to three other different files so that that it doesn't get out of sync.

It would be great if I could consolidate everything down into a single template.

If we could add a tag like:

<!--IFBookpedia ENDBookpedia-->
<!--IFDVDpedia ENDDVDpedia-->

Or some other form, since comments aren't nestable, like so:
<bookpedia> </bookpedia>, or <bruji:bookpedia> </bruji:bookpedia> or <ifbookpedia> </ifbookpedia> or something like that. Might be a good system for when you update the whole template system, too, since tags like that are fully nestable.

And so on, I could consolidate everything down to a single template folder. That would be very handy, and save me (and other people, I imagine) a ton of time when developing templates for all four programs.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Unified Templates

Postby Conor » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:46 am

Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion, I will definitely look into it for a mayor release. I like the idea of a Bruji namespace, I'll have to sit down and read more about namespaces and the best way to arrange it to make it clean, intuitive and documented.
Conor
Top Dog

Return to Feature Requests