Filter information by tags

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
nym

Filter information by tags

Post by nym »

Greetings,

The ability to see all of my books filtered by individual tags (or possible by other information) would be very useful. Mendeley has a similar feature, for example. Also I would like to manage my tags (say for mass editing).

Thank you.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Filter information by tags

Post by Nora »

You can select the 'Tags' from the little search menu (accessed via the magnifying glass in the search field) and that way filter your collection only by specific tag searches.
The multiple edit window (which automatically appears when you select more than one entry and choose 'Edit') allows you to manage tags for many entries at once.
nym

Post by nym »

Your solution is perfect, but only in cases, when there are only relatively few tags (when you know all of your tags). I have a rather large research library in pdfs, and will have hundreds of tags. Let me redefine my previous post: I would like to have a complete/full list (of course clickable) of all my tags. It would serve as an subject index.

Thanks.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

nym wrote:Your solution is perfect, but only in cases, when there are only relatively few tags (when you know all of your tags). I have a rather large research library in pdfs, and will have hundreds of tags. Let me redefine my previous post: I would like to have a complete/full list (of course clickable) of all my tags. It would serve as an subject index.

Thanks.
Ooh - that's a good idea! I'd like that too! :) I use the IMDb tags and there are sometimes over a hundred tags for a movie - some are useful and some aren't - I'd like an easy way to edit them too. Great idea. No idea if it's possible of course, but a great idea.

Kind regards,

Keith