Alternative Price Comparison

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Ennilyn
Contributor
Contributor

Alternative Price Comparison

Post by Ennilyn »

Hi there.

I've been using Bookpedia for a while now and am more that satisfied, but nevertheless there's (right now ;-) ) just one thing that I'm missing.
I'm buying most of my books "used" using different online platforms. Amazon isn't always the cheapest.
So now it would be great if the displayed price for used books in bookpedia could be downloaded from different platforms.
The best sites for used books in my opinion are right now:
www.bookbutler.de --- which searches over 100 internet shops in Europe and Northern America (available in different languages) and
www.booklooker.de --- which is a German site (this shop is also searched by bookbutler)

Could that be done?

Greetings and thanks for the good work,
Melanie
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Alternative Price Comparison

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. We looked at www.bookbutler.de and it looks like a great resource. We did not find any information on an API that would allow Bookpedia (a computer program) to talk to the website. We will email them and see if that is a possibility for the future that they have planned. Booklooker does have an API but I am still getting information on that as it seems to be geared more towards adding your listing for selling and order tracking then data gathering.