Arrow keys in "Add>Search Results"

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Arrow keys in "Add>Search Results"

Post by teacher24_70 »

When I do a search in the "Add Book" window, the Pedias open up the window showing all search results (from Amazon, iMDB, etc.) However, if I'm trying to find the correct entry, I have to click on each entry individually to see the corresponding information in the "Edit" window. Is there a reason that the arrow keys won't allow us to navigate down the list of 10 items in the search window? I'd love to be able to arrow up/down within the 10 and then right-arrow to go to the next 10.

However, arrow keys seem to have NO effect when the cursor is "active" in the search list.

Is this something than can be added or "fixed"?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Arrow keys in "Add>Search Results"

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. I have added it to the needs update list for a major release as it's something that requires careful thinking to create a better workflow. Including replacing the command-b and command-n shortcuts that currently provide what you were looking for.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

Thanks. I didn't even know about the command-b and command-n shortcuts.

That will help if I can just remember the shortcut. Is there a handy reference somewhere that lists all of these?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

In the Help file under Contents > Shortcuts and tips > Keyboard shortcuts.