Smart Collections from Excluded collections data

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Smart Collections from Excluded collections data

Post by kbarnes70 »

I wonder if there is any way to make a Smart Collection based upon an Excluded Collection? Currently this doesn't seem to be possible - only Included Collections can have Smart Collections based on them. So, for example, if you try to make a Smart Collection using the rule "Movie/Is in Collection/Any Excluded Collection", the rule always returns a value of zero. If you then make the collection Included, the Smart Collection rule works as intended.

The use I have in mind is this: my Wish List is an excluded collection and contains a huge variety of movies, some of which I may eventually buy and some of which I will probably never buy unless they end up in the Bargain Bins. As I do buy them, I complete the Purchased At field and the Price Paid field. When the movies arrive I mark them as Bought. I would like to make a Smart Collection using the rule "Puchased At/Is Not/Blank" to add purchased movies to a Smart Collection called something like 'Ordered but not Received' but currently this isn't possible unless I make the Wish List into an Included Collection, which I don't want to do because it includes a fair amount of 'rubbish'.

Kind regards,

Keith
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Smart Collections from Excluded collections data

Post by Conor »

By default excluded collections are not part for smart collections (smart collections are filtered for items that appear in your main library). To include the excluded collections open your preference panel and under the general tab check the option that read, "Include library-independant" entries in smart collections".
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Smart Collections from Excluded collections data

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:By default excluded collections are not part for smart collections (smart collections are filtered for items that appear in your main library). To include the excluded collections open your preference panel and under the general tab check the option that read, "Include library-independant" entries in smart collections".
Well I'll be darned :) So simple. Thanks for that!

Kind regards,

Keith