Add Blu-ray to search field available choices

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
scooter64
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Add Blu-ray to search field available choices

Post by scooter64 »

Unsure if anyone else has requested, but is there a way to add "blu-ray" to the search field when you're searching for a new profile to add to your library? Presently, VHS (yikes), DVD, and Wish List are available for formats of new entries.

Thanks for considering…. :)

PS, dumb question…but how does one embed or add an image to a post? FAQ states the photo needs to be stored on my own server or similar (like dropbox?), or the admin can permit certain members to post photos? Is this the only way?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Add Blu-ray to search field available choices

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback. We have that on our list for the next major overhaul of the search window. :) For now, simply add Blu-ray to the search keywords, as in "Gladiator Blu-Ray", to search for that particular edition. (Make sure you don't have a limiter set when you do that.)

At the moment you do need access to a server or Dropbox or anything similar to upload images for the forum. This is the default setting for this forum and because we've had some trouble with spammers (and in particular pictures from spammers) in the past and to avoid that we're leaving it as is for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
whotony
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by whotony »

Any update on this?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Blu-ray as a dedicated search option will come with the next major version update. For now, just add it to the search keywords to get the Blu-ray edition of any movie.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:Blu-ray as a dedicated search option will come with the next major version update. For now, just add it to the search keywords to get the Blu-ray edition of any movie.
I just manually set it to the Media Type field - then you can create smart collections based on it and so on. That way I can have all my Blu-rays (and HD DVDs - don't forget those if you change the program!! Lots of us have substantial HD DVD collections too!) in a separate smart folder.

Kind Regards,

Keith