Last read by .... option

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Last read by .... option

Post by thajeztah »

My wife and I share the same Bookpedia database. Everytime I've finished a book, I mark it as 'read'. However, Bookpedia currently doesn't have the option to mark who read the book (so each of us can track which books they still need to read). I've tried entering a name in de 'comments' column for the last read-history, but that field cannot be used in a smart collection.

Would it be possible to have the 'mark as read' function behave the same as 'mark as borrowed' and Show a popup to enter 'who' read the book?

It might be best to have enable/disable this function via preferences, as not all people will share the same database with multiple people

Thanks in advance!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Last read by .... option

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback on the last read field and autofilling the comments area when setting last read. The comments are available in the smart collection rules. They are under "Any last read comment", since an entry has several comments and not just "Last read comment". In such a specialized case a custom field might also be more convenient.
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Last read by .... option

Post by thajeztah »

Ouch.. I overlooked the "Any last read comment" option; Was looking below 'L' for 'Last read'.. thanks for that one :)