dvdpedia - importing folders

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
ascended.hero

dvdpedia - importing folders

Post by ascended.hero »

i have just discovered DVDpedia and i am unsure if this should come under support or feature requests - but here goes:

i organize my movie dvdrip dir like this -
movies>movie 1>movie1[dvdrip].avi
>>>>>movie 2>movie2[cd1].avi
>>>>>>>>>>>movie2[cd2].avi

Is it possible to have a feature which will add the first layer of directories only without going into a depth-first manner (my folder names are good, but my file names aren't well organized)?
and say if a movie has more than 1 cd, is it possible to merge them into one file (right now each avi appears as it's own movie)?

maybe this is too specific a feature...but it will be really useful to me if there was a more customizable approach to importing.

and congratulations on a great product, bruji - i was able to organize my dvds in seconds :D
Conor
Top Dog

Re: dvdpedia - importing folders

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback and the specifics of your layout. Although not currently possible to limit the search depth we plan on improving the importing of files from disk. File names for titles hopefully won't be so much as problem as they are now. It's good to know what users are looking for and the merging of several split CD files is something we had no considered in the importer. If you are programmer, there is a plug-in for searching files on the drive that you might be interested in modifying to limit the search depth.
ascended.hero

Post by ascended.hero »

thanks for your swift reply. i will look into the plug-in and record my progress.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The plug-in is for NFO files but can be found here for modification.