Bookpedia: theming the grid view?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Ayack
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia: theming the grid view?

Post by Ayack »

I have some questions and suggestions about Bookpedia UI (which apply also to the other pedias I think).

First, is there a way to change the color of the background in grid view? I think that the original one is really too dark and I would much more prefer a dark grey like in iTunes.

In this same view, I have many old books which are not on Amazon and don't have a cover. In standard they are displayed with a simple frame with the title inside, but it's not very nice IMHO... I have tried to add a generic cover but in this case the title is not displayed anymore and I don't want to spend hours creating custom covers for all my books. So could you consider improving this in a next version please?

A last suggestion regarding the forum: a customization section would be great to encourage users to create and share their custom templates, info view, plugins, etc.

Keep up the good work!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia: theming the grid view?

Post by Nora »

You can change the background color (black/grey/white) of the grid view in the Preferences > Style.

Thanks for the suggestion about the generic grid view cover, we'll take a look at that for the future.

Any customizations (i.e. templates, plug-ins, skins etc.) go up on our Extras page. Just send them to us and we'll put them up.
Ayack
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ayack »

Hello Nora!

Thanks for your quick answer. I feel stupid not having found this option. Regarding the customizations I know this page, but I think that having an easiest way of sharing extras would increase the number of them by challenging people and allowing them to share tips about customization. But I could be wrong of course.

And thanks for taking into account my suggestion about generic cover!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have tried to add a generic cover but in this case the title is not displayed anymore and I don't want to spend hours creating custom covers for all my books.
If your generic cover would suit Bookpedia in general for all users, do please send it along and we can look at embossing the title over it.
Ayack
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ayack »

For the moment I haven't a decent one, but I will think doing one.