DVDpedia - catalogue reference and label printing

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
evostic
Inductee
Inductee

DVDpedia - catalogue reference and label printing

Post by evostic »

Many of my DVD disc are not in there original cases and I want to store the original discs in a folder / book filing type of system. Therefore, its important for me to create a reference number unique to the category of DVDs (not just to the import order). Plus I need to create a sticky label with this catalogue name and number. Perhaps this would look like: features = FE001, FE002, music= MU001, MU002 or training DVDs = TR001 etc . This also means I need to print this label out to go on the cd. I think this is much the same as a regular book library would catalogue books - basically using the database to give a reference number to find the original item in a selected set of of albums. Granted your software assigns a unique number but this is not so helpful as it is only an integer of the previous import and although you have allowed a custom field there is no pop up list.

I had thought of exporting the data from your program to another program like a Bento template but that hasn't worked out. So I was hoping you could customise the program for me and if I couldnt apeal to your kind nature I would ask how much you would charge me to do this as an add on or a plugin for you program ? Or can you give me the source code so I can ask a developer to add this versatility?