Please, please, please...iPad

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
sickerfoot
Inductee
Inductee

Please, please, please...iPad

Post by sickerfoot »

I want the ability to enter my DVDs/BluRays on my iPad. I tend to use the iPad more that I do the Mac (and I have been using the Mac since 1986).

kevin
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Please, please, please...iPad

Post by kbarnes70 »

sickerfoot wrote:I want the ability to enter my DVDs/BluRays on my iPad. I tend to use the iPad more that I do the Mac (and I have been using the Mac since 1986).

kevin
I think, now that Bruji is actively working on an Amazon-free version of DVDpedia, it won’t be too long before your wish is granted. I agree 100% with you - I want to be able to do everything on the iPad that I currently do on DVDpedia on my iMac. It will be truly awesome.

Kind Regards,

Keith
lmeyn
Inductee
Inductee

Post by lmeyn »

An interim option is to export as CSV and then view it using CSV Touch on the iPad. The only problem is if you want summaries, then the exports have to be cleaned up to eliminate things like linefeeds, carriage returns and other characters that aren't compatible. I did this by creating a custom text export and writing a python script that generates a clean CSV file for uploading.
samdog
Inductee
Inductee

Post by samdog »

Just want to join the chorus. :) I can't wait for a compatible iPad app. Like sickerfoot, I use it more than my Mac (I got my first Mac in 1986, too). In fact, I use my iPad more than my two Macs put together. And it's always at hand when I want to pick out a movie. (Although I'd love an quick, easy, seamless way to sync between Macs, too.)

In the meantime, I've found using the MobileMe option is a decent workaround. It's read only, of course, and not as flexible as I'd like, but at least a way to look up movies on my iPad. Thanks to the developers for making that available. It's become one of the most useful features of MobileMe for me.
Chany
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Chany »

I second everything you all said!

Please please please we need an Ipad version. even if it is amazon-free. any news?
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

We're working on it. Still a couple months away, but trust me I want one too for my new iPad2 which has literally changed my digital life.

Thanks for being patient.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Any news?

Cheers
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Conor is working on it. Porting it to the iPad is a bit trickier than he had anticipated but it's coming along.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Thanks

But how it will work? like a remote?

that would be awesome because i would use the ipad not to watch them directly but to chose them then go play through DVDpedia macbook connected to the TV
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

It'll sync your data from the Desktop Pedia programs for starters. Other features will be added later - thanks for the suggestion on the remote - but first we want to get the app out.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

No problem, hope this awesome product keep getting supported

i gave my 20 bucks today to your project :)
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:It'll sync your data from the Desktop Pedia programs for starters. Other features will be added later - thanks for the suggestion on the remote - but first we want to get the app out.
Hi Nora,

Will be able to add and edit data on the iPad version? This would be so cool - I could lie on the couch, Empire and Total Film magazines in hand, IMDb loaded, and add all sorts of detail that currently I have to do sitting at my desk.

Kind Regards,

Keith
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

kbarnes70 wrote:
Nora wrote:It'll sync your data from the Desktop Pedia programs for starters. Other features will be added later - thanks for the suggestion on the remote - but first we want to get the app out.
Hi Nora,

Will be able to add and edit data on the iPad version? This would be so cool - I could lie on the couch, Empire and Total Film magazines in hand, IMDb loaded, and add all sorts of detail that currently I have to do sitting at my desk.

Kind Regards,

Keith
The really best thing would be that plus editable from the ipad it would share through iCloud the library.

This way you have the library synced between iPad, macbook and even other computers using iCloud

Maybe they planned yet this thing, i dont know :p
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Most of those features are on our list for the future of Pocketpedia, yes. For the launch we'll probably start small with simple synching since we just want to get the program out to you but we'll keep working on adding and expanding features in future versions. Thanks for all the feedback!
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Nora wrote:Most of those features are on our list for the future of Pocketpedia, yes. For the launch we'll probably start small with simple synching since we just want to get the program out to you but we'll keep working on adding and expanding features in future versions. Thanks for all the feedback!
Thanks, you really pointed out what every DEV team of a product should does

talk, answer, and keep receiving the only thing that is really important... CUSTOMER'S feedback and desires^^

Cheers