Bakodo

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
carlos
Contributor
Contributor

Bakodo

Post by carlos »

Bakodo the app for the iPhone seems like a wonderful, very easy to use scanner. Plus it's free! Any possibility of interfacing this with the pedias? Thanks.
C
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Bakodo

Post by sjk »

If not Bakado, maybe some other iPhone barcode scanner with a SDK (e.g. RedLaser, though that one gets pricey)?
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

And there are apps that Delicious Library supports:

Using BarcodeReader on the iPhone with Delicious Library 2
iCody WiFi Barcode Reader

Could be possible for the 'pedias to have similar support.

This is my first exploration of iPhone barcode scanning. Still getting used to having a camera on my relatively new 3GS after never having one for so long on my iPod touch 1G. :)
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

I just tinkered with the combination of Barcode2Desktop (free) with Pastebot ($3.99) to copy iPhone-scanned barcodes and remotely paste to DVDpedia. A Barcode2Desktop clipboard copy showed up in Pastebot but for some reason wouldn't show up on the Mac (pasted into DVDPedia's Edit > Add Multiple DVDs… dialog) until I manually sent them. Scanning multiple barcodes first, then manually sending them with Pastebot would work better than doing them one at a time if the pasting won't happen automatically.

I'm done with this stuff for today. :)