"Date Added" request for CD/DVD Pedias

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
music_not_rap
Contributor
Contributor

"Date Added" request for CD/DVD Pedias

Post by music_not_rap »

I will often add a CD or DVD (whichever program I am using) to my "Wish List", and the "Date Added" is, of course, the date I first list it. If and when I actually do buy the disc, I drag the title from the Wish List to my Library, but the "Date Added" does not change automatically to reflect today's date. After I buy a disc I am no longer concerned with the date it was originally added to the Wish List but the date I BUY the disc. Is it possible to add this feature to a future version of both CDPedia and DVDPedia? Thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: "Date Added" request for CD/DVD Pedias

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll keep that in mind for the future. In the meantime, you can use the keyboard shortcut Command-Shift-K to mark an entry as 'purchased' (or if you prefer, use the Edit menu > Mark as > Bought). Today's date will automatically be entered into the 'Purchased On' field.
music_not_rap
Contributor
Contributor

Re: "Date Added" request for CD/DVD Pedias

Post by music_not_rap »

"use the Edit menu > Mark as > Bought). Today's date will automatically be entered into the 'Purchased On' field."

This is actually a good method for me to use; I just wasn't aware of this. Thanks!