Export DVDpedia entries to be imported straight off in XBMC?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
bellhuey56

Export DVDpedia entries to be imported straight off in XBMC?

Post by bellhuey56 »

Hi Bruji & Community :-)

I've recently discovered the beauty of XBMC as a powerful media center to play movies, among other features.
I'm a big fan of DVDpedia since years to organize my movies, but now I'm looking for a solution to play these movies on my TV, with a nice user interface (XBMC!).
BUT I don't want to loose all the work I've done on DVDpedia (improving synopsis, adding covers and more info for every movie, etc.). Plus, on DVDpedia every entry is linked to a video file on my hard drive.

So the question is this: is it possible to export all my movie information as XBMC compatible files - with the filepath for each movie - and second question, then how to import it in XBMC?
I've tried to use the text export / XBMC feature, it generates .nfo files with no filepath, and then I don't know what to do with the files...

Any help from you is greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,
Rom1
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Export DVDpedia entries to be imported straight off in X

Post by Conor »

Currently the XBMC export is done by using our flexible text export system. So it means that DVDpedia can't distribute the files to the appropriate location (in the same folder as the movie file). You would need to drag and drop each file to it's corresponding movie folder and XBMC will read them from there. We want to integrate some of the XBMC export features to make DVDpedia smarter when exporting nfo. In the meantime you can add the file path to the existing XBMC template with:

Code: Select all

[linksBegin]<filepath>[link:url]</filepath>[linksEnd]