Library organization

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
eewordee

Library organization

Post by eewordee »

Could you make it possible to organize the main Library by categories other than alphabetical? I know you can create
smart Collections and do a Search but I would like to be able to organize the entire Library by Directors, Actors, Genres, etc.

Also, has anyone in the DVDpedia universe found a way to make Front Row recognize .dvdmedia files? The Front Row plugin works
wonderfully but then I run up against the obstacle that Front Row doesn't recognize .dvdfiles, even though these files play on DVD Player.
I've searched all kinds of Mac forums to no avail. Does anyone know of any script, program, workaround method to solve this problem?

Lastly, congratulations to you for a wonderful program and congratulations to me for having bought it!
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Library organization

Post by Alex »

You can organize your library by whatever field you want (alphabetical for that field of course). So if you want to organize it by Directors for example, just show the Directors column and click on it. Clicking on it once will organize it in descending order, clicking on it again will do it ascending (reversed).
eewordee

Post by eewordee »

Thanks Alex! I always use the Cover view option for the Library and couldn't find a way of doing what I wanted. It seems you first have to go to the Table view option, make the changes and the changes are incorporated into the other view options. Works perfectly! Thanks again.

What about the other issue: playing .dvdmedia files in Front Row? Do you know of anybody that has worked that problem out. Without a solution to that
I can't really use the Front Row plugin that I downloaded. The plugin works perfectly as far as it shows the DVDpedia Library in Front Row but then I
hit the wall with Front Row's inability to play .dvdmedia files. I know Bruji has nothing to do with either Front Row or the plugin but has this issue been brought up before and a solution found by some DVDpedia user?

Thanks for the help and DVDpedia. It's really helped me to organize my DVD collection and get wonderful information: It's great ! ! !
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Glad you're liking the software and I'm glad you found a solution.

Regarding Front Row: I don't know of a solution for this (maybe Conor does, he'll chime in shortly) but it might be a moot point because Front Row no longer works under Lion and the developer of the Plugin (para9) is not developing it any longer (see here: http://bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4147&p=17782). We are looking at other solutions like Plex for example. But if we decide to go ahead with it it will take a while to write a plugin for that.