LEGOpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Birsimodm
Inductee
Inductee

LEGOpedia

Post by Birsimodm »

Hi Bruji

I absolutely love your pedias, it's the best way to catalog movies, games, books and cds, and use them for all my movies and games. The only thing i need is a way to catalog my Lego collection. It would be nice if you could make a LEGOpedia, with the ability to combine pdf building instructions, get info about how many bricks you have in your entire collection and so on. A good online place to get data about the different models is http://www.peeron.com, i don't know if it's possible.
That's my feature request. I know it is a bit more than just a feature.

-Benny
Conor
Top Dog

Re: LEGOpedia

Post by Conor »

Hi Benny,

Creating a software that is flexible and can be tweaked to serve a number of cataloging areas is a dream of ours. Hopefully someday we might be able to achieve a modular program where we can offer a number of cataloging search options including peeron.com, which seems to be an incredible resource for a Lego aficionado. But at the moment our road map includes no Lego features in the horizon for the Pedias. There are a number of users that have taken the current Pedias and cataloged other items, but it requires Cocoa programming knowledge to exploit the plugin system to be able to build automated search features that really make a program useful and would be able to gather brick information about the different sets without having to input it all in manually. Thank you for the feedback, it's always encouraging.

- Conor